Thursday, November 25, 2010

Winston: Snow Time Like the Present!

What week is better for a kitty than this week the human’s call “Thanksgiving?” Frank and I are very grateful for all that fills our lives: a warm home that hosts a comfy kitty tree with 2 (!) plush-lined baskets (customized as a pair of buckets rather than the standard one, to prevent feline friction), a plethora of kitty toys, delicious victuals, an electronic cat tray, our own special “end of the bed” blanket (although quite frankly one wonders if Mom needed to select a Tinkerbell print!), abundant attention by our loving humans, a new human in the family (future pets and kisses are surely in the offing from this one!), a plump turkey roasting in the oven with morsels sure to be shared, and so much more.

And this year, there is something extra to fill our hearts, for this year there is SNOW!


Mom opened the deck door to take a photograph of an icicle suspended perilously from the edge of the roof. I wasted not a nanosecond taking advantage of the open door, slipping outside to experience this frozen water for myself.



I leap the white stuff, sure to leave no trace of my presence.
I am invisible. I am Stealth Kitty!




This looks intriguing!




Shall I? Shall I not?





Dear heavens! I had no idea this stuff was so C-O-L-D!




And now -- how do I make my escape?





I look to the left.





I look to the right.





I think this may be a bad choice in pathing.





There is nothing to do but bravely set course and move forward.

I feel my Stealth Mode may be slipping away.




Drat! Evidence!





What am I doing, Mom?
Oh, just a bit of personal grooming.


{The white flakes between my pawpads are a mere figment of your imagination.}


Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At November 26, 2010 at 2:02 PM , Blogger Linda said...

Nice to hear from Winston again!

 
At November 27, 2010 at 5:05 PM , Blogger Linda said...

This may be a duplicate comment, since my son interrupted me just as I was about to hit enter, but I did want to say how nice it was to hear from Winston again.

I share his dismay with the white stuff but applaud his bravery in exploring it.

 
At November 28, 2010 at 3:10 PM , Blogger Gaile Gray said...

Good to hear from you, Linda. Winston was feeling quite chuffed with himself the remainder of that eventful day. Franklin, on the other hand, was not at all amused by the kitty capers. When Winston got back inside, Franklin circled his brother several times, sniffing tentatively, as if he wasn't sure if that chill-furred animal really was his sibling. After a "It's ok, Sweetie" from me, and a "Don't be absurd" chuff on the ears from Win, Frank settled down to give Win some intense grooming about the cheeks and head. Sort of "Welcome back from the wilds" kisses? :)

 
At November 29, 2010 at 7:36 AM , Anonymous Kate said...

Great to see another post from the boyz again. Winston must be a brave kitty to go outside in all that cold stuff. I bet he was a happy cat when he returned to the warmth. Did mom have to coax him back?

 
At November 30, 2010 at 5:16 PM , Blogger Gaile Gray said...

It's funny, Kate. I didn't think Winston would ever head out into "the white stuff," with or without my persuasion. I left the door open a bit without considering his wanderlust, I guess, and he was out there right away. I was quite impressed with his bravery! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home