Sunday, July 26, 2009

Franklin: Winston's on a Roll... literally

I was minding my own business a few days ago, when I heard some sort of commotion coming from the stairway landing. The sounds of ripping, tearing, snarling, and some heavy clunking against the heating vent and the circulating fan met my ears.

I investigated.

What is that racket?


Peeking below, I spied something pretty alarming: a massive pile of the remains of not just one, but TWO rolls of Costco's best, littering the floor. I proceeded to check out the situation at closer range.


Hmmmm... I suspect Hurricane Winston


Winston sauntered in, polishing his claws against his chest fur. “Guess I told them who was boss, eh?” he asked proudly, as he flopped down amongst the dregs of his earlier activities. I calmly explained that I thought he was going to be in BIG trouble.


This is srsly bad, bro.


“You’re not planning on telling, are you?” he asked, eyes narrowing. “Well, no,” I said, "but if it comes to ‘Who was involved in this Bad Kitty Behavior™?' I am not going to take the fall!”

Upon that, Win launched at me in a fit of fury, tail bushed, ears back.


You would tell? Prepare to die!


Now, my sibling outweighs me by 50%, and on a normal day, you might expect me to emerge the non-victor in any sort of mano a mano confrontation. However, exercising exceptional battle strategy -- greatly enhanced by the fact that my assailant was exhausted from his earlier shredding exercises -- I soon pinned Win to the floor. Taking pity on the silly fellow, I told him I’d try to help cover up the whole thing.


Hold still, will you? I have a plan!


When next our humans found us, we were innocently napping in the kitty tree. When asked about the incident, neither of us had a word to say!

Say what?
We've been sleeping here all afternoon!


Moral of Story: Deny outright, and count on your cute face and innocent blue eye to get you out of nearly any fix.

6 Comments:

At July 26, 2009 at 8:21 PM , Blogger Linda said...

How did you manage to take the pictures without laughing and alerting them?

Love the last photo- what innocence!

 
At July 26, 2009 at 9:22 PM , Blogger Gaile Gray said...

I hide the camera in a stuffed animal and take the photos remotely. Well, ok, not really, but it sounded good. ;)

It's true that I really have to muzzle myself so I don't just bust up when I catch them in the act. I try really hard to not make eye contact and appear busy reading or writing something on the computer so they think I'm engaged. Then I can sneak a photo or two. If I do and they see what I'm doing, I have to leave so they settle down to act like themselves again before I can sneak another. :)

 
At July 28, 2009 at 10:24 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Really cute! I love the photos. And yes, that last photo is quintessential kitty: "What? Who me? I've been busy sleeping."

 
At July 31, 2009 at 9:02 PM , Blogger Gaile Gray said...

Totally true, Kat. These kittens can set the land speed record for moving from mischief to an innocent look in just a few nanoseconds. :)

 
At February 10, 2011 at 9:13 PM , Anonymous Marje said...

I was laughing soooo hard at these pics!! If you honestly didn't know it was t.p. in the one picture, you'd think that there was a de-feathered swan running around somewhere!

 
At February 11, 2011 at 11:00 AM , Blogger Gaile Gray said...

I never thought about it Marje, but that pile o' fluff does have a certain resemblance to bird pluckings. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home