Friday, December 5, 2008

Winston: Innocent Until Proven Guilty


I meant to post earlier, but it took me a while to figure out this keyboard thing. It's not easy when you're small -- I have to pounce from the ASDF set to the JKL; set. But no matter, I'm on board now. (/me like puns.)

The reason I'm writing is to appeal my current reputation as the household "bad kitty." I don't care that I was caught straddling the roll of Christmas paper towels. Nor that there was a pile of at least 15 yards of chewed, ripped, torn, and shredded towels beside me. And it's not fair to check me for "paper towel breath" and, because I happen to have a slight scent of paper products, assume I'm the culprit.

*adopts angelic expression*

I blame Franklin.

Kitty tip: Don't unwrap the new paper towels and set them on the stairs to take upstairs. Best to leave them wrapped, or better still, hidden safely in the pantry. After all, someone may decide to turn them into package filler.

My brother "helps" with filing.

6 Comments:

At December 5, 2008 at 5:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you seem to believe that since your cats are of a particular snooty pedigree that that means that they will behave themselves. Honestly though....paper towels on the stairs? You should have known better!!

 
At December 5, 2008 at 9:52 PM , Blogger Gaile Gray said...

Yes, yes, I am deeply ashamed. George was so well mannered and calm, I had quite forgotten the havoc that two minuscule primary energy sources can wreak!

 
At December 8, 2008 at 10:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You must admit though, that Winston does quite well on a keyboard. Wait until he tries a duet with you!

 
At December 8, 2008 at 10:54 AM , Blogger Gaile Gray said...

Oh sure, he does great on the keyboard. I wondered why I had a charge for software on my credit card. It turns out he was picking up Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing, the little rascal! :)

 
At December 9, 2008 at 6:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just be glad your cats stay inside... Winter + clay ground + cats = dirty keyboards, chairs, desks, and printing paper. I should teach my cats to use some paper towels to clean their feet before they come to hug me...

Oh, and it's not paper towels that get ripped in our house, it's cardboard. And he'll do it right in front of you, completely ignoring you and enjoying the shredding of the cardboard.

 
At December 11, 2008 at 1:24 AM , Blogger Gaile Gray said...

Too true, Rhonwyn! That reminds me, I must soon share photographs of the "high wire" act that one of the kitten performed using a basic (albeit large) carton. Yes indeed, there apparently is nothing as delicious as cardboard!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home